Born and raised in Russia; trained in Anglophone, Hispanic, and Slavic Studies in Russia and Germany; inspired by the feminist brightest in Toronto. Now a Freigeist.
Volkswagen Foundation Freigeist Fellow
leader of the research group “Light On!
Queer Literatures and Cultures under Socialism”
Institute for Slavic Studies, University of Regensburg
My research and teaching interests include:
– 20th & 21st-c. Russian literature and the arts
– gender and sexuality in Eastern Europe
– feminist and queer theater & performance in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
– decoloniality in Eastern European contexts
– publics and citizenship in the digital age
– digital body and posthumanism